Thursday, January 1, 2009

Newlywed Christmas

Joel and I have had a wonderful Christmas season, and it was particularly special since it was our first married Christmas! It made the holidays so much more. Here are some of my favorite seasonal memories:


We kicked our Christmas season off with the San Luis Obispo local Christmas parade! The people in the picture are friends from our newlywed/engaged couples bible study. We call ourselves SLOUnite. (I'm not in the picture because I'm taking it)

Our first tree! This is right after we finished decorating it. You can't tell from the picture, but we ended up running out to the store several times that night to get extra lights and the star. We obviously weren't very prepared, but in the end, our tree was BEAUTIFUL!

Joel's birthday is in December, and since I associate December with all things Christmas, I also associate Joel's birthday with Christmas. Lucky guy. This was taken at the restaurant Buona Tavola, a beautifully romantic Italian restaurant in downtown SLO. Very fun. We ate there for Joel's birthday dinner.
Ah yes. Stockings that are way to heavy to hang. Joel and I were with his parents on Christmas morning, so we did our own Christmas on Christmas Eve morning. We turned on all the Christmas lights, our fake little furnace, and put out the stockings. Santa came early just for us!

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without kids. Even though I missed my family on Christmas day, sharing the day with my nieces and opening presents with them made the day magical.


There were plenty more memories that were fantastic, but these are just a few of my favorite things. ;)

No comments: